Thursday, July 31, 2008

No Show

The pole beans have been a complete no show. I planted some in paper pots indoors today to see if they would sprout.

The bush beans are about eight inches tall. All but two of them sprouted and the two that are not up yet have roots so there is still hope.



I bought some Red Pearl onions at the grocery store last night. I planted nine of them to see what would happen. I have not found out much about them. Some sites say they will never get bigger and some say they are small because they are grown close together to keep them that way. Maybe they will think they are in their second year and make seeds. I am curious to find out.
I have been watering the garden with the water from my fish tanks. I have four freshwater fish tanks to choose from. Of course all but one tank are in the basement so I may not keep it up. So far the plants are happy with it.

No comments: